The Planner 2 (Senior) is responsible for establishing and maintaining production loads to achieve 99%+ on-time delivery to the customer, meeting revenue and inventory goals and to optimize available production capacity and resources. Releases work orders based on requirements generated via the MRP system while ensuring adequate resources for manufacturing are available. Responsible for maintaining lead-times, approving Bills of Materials (BOMs) and supplying other planning data required by MRP. This person plays a key strategic role in the business unit while coordinating the activities of Production, Engineering, Procurement Customer Service and Quality, expediting material/assemblies to achieve established schedules and revenue targets.
- Creates work orders insuring all product/material is ordered, scheduled for production and released to manufacturing to meet established capacity, schedules and monthly ship plans.
- Using the Material Planner Workbench, ensures that all product/material scheduled for production is released to manufacturing to meet operation deadlines for given product lines.
- Analyzes WIP positioning, yield and material shortages communicating and directing production, purchasing and inventory control on priorities and actions needed to resolve problems and maintain schedule.
- Analyzes assorted demand sources (forecast, firm client orders, etc.) as well as attending meetings with production, quality, materials, engineering, and marketing, to create feasible production plans. Checks the client’s requirements, negotiates potential product end of life activities and includes it in the WPS planning.
- Attends CCB meetings and is responsible for identifying inventory and WIP affected by Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) or Engineering Orders (Eos). Creates rework or scrap/obsolete paperwork and insures inventory is processed as required.
- Responsible for assigning planning data and approving new parts, bills of material, and routers, establishing Kanbans and determining control points prior to entry into the MRP system.
- Attends Material Review Board (MRB) meetings and communicates priority, advises impact to schedule, identifies inventory exposure, opens rework work orders and expedites material as required.
- Analyzes inventory obsolescence and transactions reports recommending, “save or scrap” in conjunction with Sales, Engineering and Operations. Recommends action items regarding such.
- Maintains the standard operating procedures (SOP) of the production and materials control function.
- Provides training and directs daily priorities for Planning Assistants and other Materials Department staff.
- Performs other duties as required requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of inventory control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with ERP / MRP systems.
- Proficient command of English operational and legal language – written and oral.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple levels of customers and management staff.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize across multiple projects.
- Computer and advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment and exercise sound judgment.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Certified in Materials Management from an accredited college or institution.
- Experience working with Syteline ERP.
- Successful experience in inventory control in the aerospace industry.
- ISM, Lean Operations, CPSM certificate.
- APICS – CPIM Certified.
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Leach International Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com