The Accounting Manager is a hands-on manager that directs and oversees the general accounting functions of the company, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger keeping, financial statement close, and account reconciliations. This person will have the opportunity to assist in special projects, process improvements and utilize problem-solving abilities in a role that is very dynamic.
- Ensure all accounting practices are in compliance with corporate and internal policies and established accounting principles.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and procedures.
- Maintain a monthly close schedule and manage journal entries, invoices, reconcile accounts, etc.
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets, financial forecasts, and performance analysis.
- Provide detailed expense forecasts for the annual operating budget and monthly forecasts.
- Analyze and report cost variances.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports with commentary.
- Utilize and manage financial elements of the ERP system.
- Support the leadership team with reports and information as requested.
- Supervise and provide guidance/assistance to AP/AR personnel.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and implement growth initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10 years’ experience in accounting / finance functions in a manufacturing environment with at least 3-5 years’ experience in management/supervision.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes (accounts payable/receivable, credit/collections, assets track, budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.) and ability to utilize an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Account Principles) and regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, organized individual with the ability to prioritize.
- Able to manage multiple projects & deliverables simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills coupled with the ability to develop automated processes to extract raw data from and ERP and convert to high quality management information.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Relevant accounting experience in Aerospace Manufacturing.
- Masters’ of Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience with Government pricing requirements.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Leach International Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com