Title: Business Unit Manager
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
Salary Range: $125K – $175K (based on experience), +Bonus
The Business Unit Manager is responsible for the results of a Business Unit by utilizing the value generation strategy resulting in consistent year over year growth while exceeding customer service expectations. The scope of this position includes, but is not limited to, leadership of a cross functional Business Unit Team (consisting of Sales, Operations and Engineering), Bookings, Profit and Loss accountability, contract negotiations, developing and maintaining customer relationships, and overseeing operating activities to ensure cost objectives are met. The Business Unit Manager focuses heavily on the details of value creation, including value based pricing, productivity, and profitable new business to create real intrinsic value.
The Business Unit Manager reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. This is a key development position for promotion to senior management positions.
• Responsible for achieving Bookings, Sales, and profit objectives
• Drive consistent value creation through value based pricing, productivity, and profitable new business
• Develop and execute a Business Unit strategy resulting in year over year growth
• Lead and guide the business team in the pursuit of profitable new business and maintain clear focus and priorities in the product team.
• Implement initiatives to continuously improve the team responsiveness to customer/business needs, including but not limited to, quality and on-time product
• Prioritization and coordination of engineering activities in support of the business unit goals.
• Coordinate operations activities to ensure cost goals are met, customer needs are prioritized, and quality issues are resolved.
• Develop and present Quarterly business reviews to executive management
• Develop positive relationships with customers
• Responsible for contract review and negotiations
• Develop a performance-oriented work environment with high accountability
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
• Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university or college
• Technical degree preferred but not required
• Must be results and action oriented and take ownership of the team’s performance.
• 5 years total experience which includes roles of increasing responsibility in Sales, Operations, Finance and/or Engineering with industrial experience preferred.
• Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of Company customers and management staff.
• Experience leading direct reports and leading cross functional teams
• Ability to travel 20% or as business requires
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org