Responsible for business results (profit and loss, meeting annual plan and growth in the value of the business). The scope of this position includes: leadership of a cross functional business unit team (sales, operations, engineering, quality), new business generation, proposal preparation, bookings (orders), profit and loss accountability, developing and maintaining customer relationships, establishing the yearly business plan, overseeing operating activities to ensure good customer service and cost objectives are met, contract negotiation and other duties.
- Lead and guide the business team in the pursuit of profitable new business and maintain clear focus and priorities in the product team.
- Focus on value creation – value based pricing and identifying profitable new business opportunities.
- Develop annual and long term business plans for business unit(s).
- Develop sales and marketing plan to drive new business to meet business unit goals.
- Oversight of sales force as necessary to support business growth and customer retention.
- Work closely with sales and the total organization regarding business targets and actions including customer meetings and sales calls.
- Oversight and involvement in cost estimation process to ensure cost accuracy and appropriate pricing.
- Prioritization and coordination of engineering activities in support of the business unit goals.
- Coordinate new business activities between the customer and engineering.
- Oversee Operations activities to ensure cost goals are met, customer needs are prioritized, and quality issues are resolved.
- Prepare reports and present business unit results and metrics to company senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree required; technical discipline preferred. MBA degree preferred. Seven or more combined years of experience in Sales, Operations, Finance and/or Engineering with industrial experience preferred.
- At least five years of experience in the Aerospace & Defense sector.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Must be results and action oriented and take ownership of the team’s performance.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation.
- Project leadership skills. Ability to work at both detail and strategic levels, work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and display sound judgment.
- Previous team management experience a strong plus.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or HRGroup@leachcorp.com and state which position you are applying for. Your resume should include your current and previous (if applicable) Leach work experience.
Apply on www.ziprecuiter.com.
Step 1: Go to www.ziprecruiter.com.
Step 2: Click For Job Seekers and then select Search Jobs.
Step 3: Enter Leach International in the Job Title or Key Word box at the top left-hand corner and enter Buena Park, CA in the location box.
Step 4: Click Search Jobs.
Step 5: The results will bring up all open jobs.
Step 6: Click on the position you are interested in.
Step 7: Enter your email in the Enter your email box.
Step 8: Click Apply Now.