The Buyer 2 is responsible for the development and ownership of the strategic sourcing strategy for assigned materials and/or services. This individual is responsible for overall supplier performance with respect to cost, quality, delivery, service and innovation; manages supplier relationships and is responsible for negotiations; and prepares bid packages and evaluates supplier quotations and services to determine most competitive solution based upon total cost of ownership. The Buyer 2 applies experience in a variety of purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures; and relies on experience and judgment to resolve problems and communicate effectively while leading complex sourcing projects and supplier performance reviews.
- Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance.
- Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program.
- Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution.
- Provides training, coaching, mentoring, technical leadership, day to day oversight for lower level buyers.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of assigned commodities beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements.
- Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets.
- Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price.
- Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
- Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness.
- Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers.
- Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product.
- Manage shortages and ensure supplier commitments.
- Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to Purchasing Manager.
- Develops and implements new for assigned commodities.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Maintains a good balance of timely execution of new purchase orders with timely placement of order actions and keeping up with purchase order exception messages such as cancel, expedite and reschedule.
- Maintains PO due dates, promise dates for proper alignment and data integrity in MRP system, focusing on PO date accuracy reduce the need for redundant communication and improve supplier on time delivery performance.
- Keeps track of all PPV (purchase price variance) and other cost savings for assigned commodities.
- Organizes last time buy options and provides insight to end of life obsolescence.
- Performs total spend review for assigned commodities.
- Point of escalation to material issues that require attention and present a risk for the buyers to successfully execute the procurement process to meet the required demand dates.
- Identify and manage special projects and teams, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain/sourcing/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with ERP / MRP systems.
- Proven track record of sourcing various build to print commodities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100 & ITAR Regulation.
- Basic working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen.
- Proficient command of English operational and legal language – written and oral.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple levels of customers and management staff.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize across multiple projects.
- Computer and advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment and exercise sound judgment.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Certified in Supply Chain Management from an accredited college or institution.
- Experience working with Syteline ERP.
- Successful experience in supply chain in the aerospace industry.
- ISM, Lean Operations, CPSM certificate.
- APICS – CPIM Certified.
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Leach International Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com