The Director of Contracts is responsible for the generation, review, negotiation, management oversight, and closure of new and existing government and commercial supply and purchasing contracts. This includes but is not limited to non-disclosure agreements, long term agreements, blanket and spot purchase orders, contract modifications, and other contracting, ensuring they conform to company policy and all applicable laws and regulations. S/he participates in proposal review and preparation, while performing contract terms review and acceptance. S/he ensures adherence to internal contracts policies and Leach’s guidelines and assists Sales and the Business Unit Managers in solving challenges such as questions regarding risk, profit, special contractual provisions, customer expectations, etc.
- Negotiate and manage Contracts and Non-Disclosure agreements (customers, suppliers, and other) with the support of applicable departments impacted by the contract.
- Counsel and assist the operational and functional departments on their contract performance obligations and any contracts issues.
- Adhere to Leach policy, including the Leach guidelines, and all applicable laws and regulations, including relating to export and international trade compliance.
- Participate in the protection and respect for the interests of the company through negotiation and monitoring of the contractual terms and conditions, including by following the principles of the Leach guidelines.
- Participate in the request for proposal (RFP) and proposal requirements to ensure compliance to contractual policies and the Company guidelines. Initiate collaboration with affected departments to identify contractual risks, capabilities, and alternatives for proposal purposes.
- Principal point of customer contact for all contractual matters.
- Supervise and disseminate information between the customer and internal departments and assure timely responses going to and from the customer during contractual negotiations and claims matters.
- Maintain, or develop or contracting knowledge in such areas as International Contracting, Government Subcontracting, and intellectual property licensing.
- Ensure engagement and buy-in of all business owners during the life of contracts. Ensure contracts are stored in accordance with established procedures and access to contracts by relevant personnel is maintained.
- Assure the protection of Company’s interests with respect to Patents, Intellectual Property Rights and Proprietary Information in general through the use of contract provisions and Non-Disclosure agreements or other types of contractual documents.
- Support the development and maintenance of inter-affiliate contracts affecting the business unit.
- Understand and live by Company’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- JD with commercial contracts experience is strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience in the field of management and negotiation of contracts in aerospace and defense. Contracts certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree with orientation in business/international law or other business discipline.
- Familiar with basic applicable government purchasing regulations and requirements.
- Proficient command of English operational and legal language – written and oral.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of Company customers and management staff.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize across multiple projects.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Computer literate.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet.
Submit your resume to email@example.com or HRGroup@leachcorp.com and state which position you are applying for. Your resume should include your current and previous (if applicable) Leach work experience.
Apply on www.ziprecuiter.com.
Step 1: Go to www.ziprecruiter.com.
Step 2: Click For Job Seekers and then select Search Jobs.
Step 3: Enter Leach International in the Job Title or Key Word box at the top left-hand corner and enter Buena Park, CA in the location box.
Step 4: Click Search Jobs.
Step 5: The results will bring up all open jobs.
Step 6: Click on the position you are interested in.
Step 7: Enter your email in the Enter your email box.
Step 8: Click Apply Now.