The Director of Manufacturing plans, organizes, and controls production operations using a sound understanding of design/manufacturing engineering principles to solve complex operational challenges. The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for the Relays & Power Distribution Assemblies (RPDA) BU. This person will support the manufacturing team in order to maintain the production schedule, meet customer delivery dates, organize and control manpower, meet capacity and through put expectations and exceed quality standards while motivating continuous improvement and operational excellence. A key challenge is to maintain production within specific guidelines for efficiency, gross margin targets, elimination/prevention of past dues, and turn-around of returned goods, while creating, implementing and controlling plans to reduce non-value-added operations. In addition, the Director of Manufacturing must have the ability to identify and provide guidance in regards to manufacturing challenges, procurement efficiency and presentation of material, New Product Introduction (NPI) transition preparation from design to manufacturability, and provide insight into possible improvements within each of these areas. The Director of Manufacturing must have the ability to lead by influence, motivate employees and be capable of communicating with all levels of employees throughout the organization including customers.
· Supports the effective execution of production within the Relays & Power Distribution Assemblies (RPDA) product families.
· Implements operational policies, objectives and initiatives.
· Executes operating plans and tactics to attain short and long-term financial critical operational goals.
· Evaluates and optimizes current and proposed operational systems and procedures to gain efficiencies and to minimize risk.
· Ensures compliance with standards and regulations.
· Monitors financial and operational metrics to measure achievements of organization objectives.
· Creates functional strategies and specific objectives and develops budget, policies, and procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
· Drive a culture of accountability and results through effective performance management.
· Achieve world class on-time delivery and quality performance to our customer base.
· Support the development, implementation, and evaluation of a successful cost reduction or global manufacturing plans that drive aggressive business results.
· Implement and drive Lean & continuous improvement techniques and concepts including: value stream mapping, 6S, Kaizen, Visual Controls, Pull/Kanban systems, standardized work, line balancing, etc.
· Ensure planned key performance indicators such as revenue, gross margin, Defective Parts per Million (DPPM) and On-time Delivery (OTD) are met or exceeded.
· Ensure that production is cost effective while participating and guiding cost reduction activities.
· Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedures and environmental protocol are being adhered to by employees.
· Utilize the ERP system to help the Production Supervisors plan and schedule labor and machine resources using advanced planning and scheduling tools or reports.
· Monitor the production processes, product standards and advise of schedule adjustments as needed.
· Act as the liaison between different departments, e.g. Suppliers, Managers, Engineering.
· Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations and processes.
· Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass yields meet or exceed planned quality goals.
· Actively participate in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process until product is production ready by ensuring new processes are implemented properly coordinating with Manufacturing/Industrialization/Design Engineering.
· Drive change by working with other cross functional groups to ensure ideal manufacturability of product.
· Ensure customer focus with participation in customer meetings and audits.
· Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
· Understand and live by Leach’s ethics and business conduct policies.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
· 5+ years of leadership positions in manufacturing operations and engineering; preferably in the aerospace and defense industry.
· Demonstrated cost management in functional areas such as assembly, manufacturing engineering, materials, etc.
· Strong consulting & coaching skills; effective advisor to management and employees across a variety of business areas. Exceptionally good listening skills; able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
· Must be outgoing, self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, work well under pressure, and a creative problem solver.
· Must possess excellent communication skills, be highly presentable and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and customers.
· Experience applying Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) and Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to manufacturing processes and designs
· Possess strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical or systems theory and design
· Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical/problem solving skills are essential
· Intermediate MS Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
· Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
· Master’s degree in Engineering or Management.
· Five years’ previous experience working as a Manufacturing or Industrial Engineer in the electronics or power distribution field
· Minimum of five or more years of experience in a high volume/low mix or low volume/high mix production environment
· Technical mastery of continuous improvement tools and methodologies
· Power user in ERP systems (preferably with Syteline) and/or other financial and operational software systems
· At least five years of Aerospace industry experience
Demonstrated ability in the competencies for employees new in their role: you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org