Reporting to the President, the Director of Quality has full responsibility for Quality in Buena Park, CA and Tijuana, MX facilities. The Director of Quality is responsible for management of the quality organization, and the development and operation of an efficient and effective quality management system including quality assurance, supplier development, corrective actions, process improvement and supporting activities. Responsibilities include all quality activities associated with the production of power distribution assemblies, electromechanical relays and solid state electronics.
The Director of Quality reports to the President and is part of the Senior Leadership Team, actively guiding the overall business into a successful future.
· Oversee and direct the overall quality objectives of the corporation and the effectiveness of the quality management system, including the ISO9001, AS9100,
NADCAP program and applicable regulations and standards (14 CFR FAR 21, 14 CFR FAR 145, CFR FAR 45, MIL-PRS-6106, MIL STD 790, and others).
· Ensure compliance to establish procedures per the Leach Business Management System (BMS) through monitoring of KPIs and internal audits.
· Develop strategic quality assurance plans to support company goals and objectives. Manage all resources including personnel, material, capital and assets for the achievement of these plans.
· Perform an evaluation of cost and responsibility of discrepant material based on established methods and procedures for supplier quality.
· Quality management of the company’s products including developing and managing measurement systems that incorporate Customer’s view of quality and machine capability.
· Perform supplier quality assurance audits for assigned suppliers with coordination of Supply Chain team.
· Work with suppliers on the Continuous Improvement Process of Supply Base through the application of quality tools and techniques.
· Develop corrective actions to support supplier problems and failures, suggesting modifications and corrective actions by suppliers to meet customer specifications and standards.
· Maintain a quality assessment system to monitor objectives.
· Ensure that products and services meet customer needs and expectations to fulfill quality objectives.
· Oversee all applicable testing and compliance to test requirements for QPL products and other test requirements.
· Participate in New Product Design Integration (NPI), insuring that manufacturing process capabilities match customer requirements.
· Create and sustain a culture that is based on continuous improvement and quality mindset in every aspect of the company.
· Take lead responsibility for significant quality issues. Be “hands on” with the issue, develop a plan to resolve the issue, communicate the plan and progress on the plan to the organization.
· Identify areas where product or service quality requires corrective action and when necessary implement corrective action plans and monitor the effectiveness of the solutions.
· Responsible for implementation and monitoring of all quality aspects of FAA Part 21 and FAA Certified Part 145 and EASA Approved Repair Stations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Quality, Business Administration or related field.
· A Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum 10+ years of experience in Quality systems implementation and management in a production manufacturing environment.
· Aerospace industry experience strongly preferred.
· 5 years CQE/CQM certification preferred.
· Strong knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Demonstrated Quality Assurance leadership success, including leading and developing high performing teams of direct reports.
· Solid technical skills with an understanding and practical application of technical knowledge in the Quality discipline.
· Must have the ability to articulate technical issues at an understandable level to a variety of stakeholders across the organization
· Highly customer-focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within the organization.
· Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
· Must be a strong advocate and proven leader of continuous improvement.
· Experience with DFMEA, Control Plans, 8Ds, and SPC.
· FAA Repair Station experience preferred.
· Travel up to 15% in the US and to Tijuana, MX.
You will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). US Citizenship is required for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org