Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100 year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 500
Title: Electrical Engineer
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the development of aircraft AC and DC power distribution subsystems and for the integration of power switching devices and smart electronic power sensors. Power switching components include AC and DC contactors, relays and solid-state power controllers utilizing MOSFET and IGBT technology. Smart electronics devices include current and voltage sensors as well as system level smart controllers. The engineer will perform component selection, design and design analysis to meet the de-rating factors per requirements. The engineer will be responsible for preparing sketches, block diagrams, wiring and system schematics and documentation of the test results. The engineer will supervise and work with Engineering Technician to test and evaluate the design.
- Review and validate customer’s requirements.
- Decompose System Level Requirements into Subsystem and Component level Requirements.
- Design and develop electronic components and equipment.
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, design, tolerance and stress analysis.
- Perform design verification testing.
- Develop test plan for manufacturing test procedures.
- Prepare Bill of Material and Assembly drawings for designs.
- Coordinate product transition from engineering to operations.
- Coordinate design activities on assigned projects in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Understand and live by Leach’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering required.
- A Master’s Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5-year experience with power electronics and analog designs.
- Minimum 3-year experience with Altium schematic capture tools.
- Experience in performing worst case circuit analysis.
- Experience in circuit failure modes and effect analysis.
- Experience with power MOSFET circuit design for 270 VDC power systems
- Experience with handling of high power testing and instrumentation.
- Excellent in technical writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in designing with multi-disciplinary team.
- Pragmatic thinker able to prioritize and mitigate risks.
- Minimal travel required
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org