The Infrastructure Administrator’s role is to deploy, manage, upgrade, and tune in-house workstations, servers, operating systems, networking systems, cybersecurity systems and storage systems to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual needs to participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This role also requires to manage, maintain, analyze system components, and make recommendations regarding computer system security and network utilization, plus day-to-day end user support including troubleshooting, account maintenance, and training.
Primary Responsibilities Strategy & Planning
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system
- Design long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining enterprise systems, networking, storage and software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing network and infrastructure architectures are aligned with organizational goals and
- Develop, document and communicate plans for investing in enterprise systems and storage enhancements, including analysis of cost reduction
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and direction to administrators and
- Ensure solutions meet or exceed the service level agreements established between IT and the
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for network, security, infrastructure projects and associated
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network-specific, infrastructure-specific products and
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring
- Assist IT Manager to manage and set priorities for the maintenance, development, and evaluation of the enterprise infrastructure including systems, storage, network, telecommunication systems, collaboration services, core network services, endpoint deployment services,
- Ensure equipment is performing properly and according to service level agreements established between IT and the
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with IT teams on network
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on network, servers, storage, and related equipment. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various infrastructure, network upgrade projects, improvements, and other
- Develop strategies for maintaining the enterprise infrastructure and
- Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity
- Document and communicate all configuration changes in support of change management
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to design, configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Perform network, server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications
- Perform any other IT tasks as IT manager requested and business
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related
- Seven+ years of experience with MS Windows Administration. Extensive experience on 2008/2012/2016/2019 Active Directory Environment and Microsoft System Center products. Microsoft certificates, O365 experience and Cloud solution experience are
- Seven+ years of experience in administering, maintaining, deploying and optimizing servers, storage and Previous MS Exchange upgrade and configuration experience are required. Extensive experience in VMWare virtualization solutions is a must. Experience with Nimble storage is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Veeam Backup Technology, Backup Exec, or other backup
- Seven+ years of Network Design and Implementation, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning. Deep knowledge on LAN/WAN,
- Deep knowledge of Firewalls and VPN Technology. Previous firewall and VPN configuration experience is required.
- Extensive experience and good knowledge on HP, Dell or Cisco switches, Related network certificates are preferred.
- Extensive experience with Email filtering solutions, Web content filtering solutions, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and MFA technologies. Previous cybersecurity implementation experience is
- Experience with data center upgrade projects, such as UPS, network switches upgrade,
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint, Business Intelligence
- Five years of scripting and automation Conversant with programming languages and scripting tools such as PowerShell, VB, MS SQL.
- Self-motivated, creative, and highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively in a high pressure
- Proven project planning and leading experience.
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Highly customer focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Ability to lead training sessions, presentations, and meetings and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Experience utilizing process-driven techniques (e.g., Lean) to achieve positive change in the business environment.
- Experience in Aerospace or Manufacturing industry is
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com