Manufacturing Support & Continuous Improvement:
Under supervision, designs, controls, & improves production processes. Designs/maintains labor time standards, process/manufacturing specification/instructions, production routers, etc… Reviews existing processes and makes recommendations for improvements when necessary.
Performance Standards & Training:
Creates & drives plans for transfer of production lines to low-cost-countries (Mexico). Plans shall include, but are not limited to the following items: Schedule, budget, production line control & maintenance plans, standard work instructions, ITAR & documentation plan, value stream maps, material transfer plan…
Quality Clinic & Troubleshooting:
Supports the “Quality Clinic” and participates in the troubleshooting/root cause/corrective action process with the Quality & Manufacturing Engineers.
New Product Introduction:
Collaborate with the Design Engineering team on new products. Design tooling and fixtures. Ensure that design for manufacturability is considered in the design process.
· Establishes performance standards for all production operators across the assigned SBU
· Designs, implements and maintains a thorough training program to meet established performance standards
· Provides supports to the “Quality Clinic” production line, which is managed by the Quality & Manufacturing Engineers, by troubleshooting and participating in the root cause & corrective action process
· Supports all continuous improvement initiatives
· Supports the creation, releasing and controlling of Manufacturing Job Instructions (MJI’s)
· Supports the creation, releasing and controlling of Production Routers
· Establishes and documents Labor Time Standards
· Supports documenting production process requirements by creating Production Specifications
· Supports the review and creation of assembly and process procedures, including detailed production station instructions/visual aids and recommends changes when necessary
· Examines and suggests improvements to tooling, machinery, processes, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc
· Helps solve customer/vendor/manufacturing rejections. May perform failure analysis, tolerance studies, layouts, etc
· Maintains an awareness of scrap and other variances in the production process, reviews trends and suggests corrective actions/revisions
· Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
· Understand and live by Leach’s eth
· A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering discipline
· Strong Mechanical and Industrial Engineering background, working on solving complex material, design for manufacturability and process issues
· 3+ years of experience leading product, process, project, manufacturing or quality engineering teams.
· Minimum of three years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering with knowledge of the following processes/techniques: Soldering, electromechanical assemblies, tumbling, deburring, tooling, welding, plating, heat-treatment, cleaning procedures, etc.
· Working knowledge of key manufacturing principles and applications
· Skills in CAD, Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio
· Expected to travel domestically and internationally (mainly Mexico) with short notice on occasions up to 25% of the time
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following
competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented,
Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will
need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation
operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com