Manufacturing Support & Continuous Improvement:
Under supervision, designs, controls, & improves production processes within the Lean plan of the assigned Strategic Business Unit (SBU). Designs/maintains labor time standards, process/manufacturing specification/instructions, production routers, etc… Reviews existing processes and makes recommendations for improvements when necessary.
Performance Standards & Training:
Creates & drives plans for transfer of production lines to low-cost-countries (Mexico & China) within the Lean plan of the assigned SBU. Plans shall include, but not limited to, the following items: Schedule, budget, production line control & maintenance plans, standard work instructions, ITAR & documentation plan, value stream maps, material transfer plan…
Quality Clinic & Troubleshooting:
Supports the “Quality Clinic” production line within the SBU, and participates in the troubleshooting/root cause/corrective action process with the SBU Quality & Manufacturing Engineers.
- Establishes performance standards for all production operators across the assigned
- Designs, implements and maintains a thorough training program to meet established performance
- Provides supports to the “Quality Clinic” production line, which is managed by the Quality & Manufacturing Engineers, by troubleshooting and participating in the root cause & corrective action process.
- Supports all LEAN/KAIZEN & 6S continuous improvement initiatives within the
- Supports the creation, releasing and controlling of Manufacturing Job Instructions (MJI’s).
- Supports the creation, releasing and controlling of Production Maintains routers in standard library of operations.
- Establishes and documents Labor Time Standards for each operation in the standard
- Supports documenting production process requirements by creating Production Specifications under the supervision of the other SBU Manufacturing
- Supports the review and creation of assembly and process procedures, including detailed production station instructions/visual aids. Recommends changes when
- Examines and suggests improvements to tooling, machinery, processes, specifications, procedures, drawings,
- Helps solve customer/vendor/manufacturing May perform failure analysis, tolerance studies, layouts, etc.
- Maintains an awareness of scrap and other variances in the production process. Reviews trends and suggests corrective actions/revisions.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from
- Understand and live by Leach’s ethics and business conduct
- Performs other duties as
- Bachelor’s degree or years of experience
- Five years’ – 8 years’ experience assembling/adjusting/testing Leach products
- ROP Certificate in technical / electronics technician
- Bilingual Fluent in Vietnamese
- Intimate knowledge of how to assemble, adjust, and test all EPS Buena Park
- Strong technical knowledge of EPS Buena Park products & production
- Familiar with relevant Military and Industry
- Working knowledge of key lean manufacturing principles and applications
- Basic knowledge on following processes/techniques: Tumbling, deburring, tooling, welding, plating, heat-treatment, cleaning procedures,
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org