Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100 year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 600
Title: Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
Hourly Range: $23.00 – $25.00
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern is responsible for general support to the Manufacturing and Test Engineering team for the manufacturing and testing of power switching components and power distribution subsystem.
- Support the creation and updating of Manufacturing Job Instructions and/or Test Procedures
- Provide support to manufacturing/test engineers in various job duties
- Utilize Lean tools to support continuous improvement efforts in different areas
- Assist with authoring and updated specifications, and engineering change documentation, or other project data items in MS Office suite
- Aid in failure analysis, also performing manufacturing/test dry runs
- Other duties as defined by Management
- Must be enrolled or recently graduated from a four-year university, pursuing a BS in Manufacturing/Industrial/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
- To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Advanced level of Excel and Word skills are required
- PowerPoint experience required
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills to support engineering change documentation, updating customer specifications and other functions and detail oriented
- A creative and innovative mind
- MS Project skills
- Knowledge of design, simulation, and analysis tools
- Experience with mechanical CAD
- Experience in Lean Methodology
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org