The Engineer is responsible for the management of technical requirements and provide design and support on technical activities, engineering analysis for electro-mechanical module/system design and development. Responsible for project management, design reviews, technical proposals and documents release. Performs prototype construction, breadboard evaluation, qualification testing and evaluates results. Performs cost/performance trades and makes recommendations for design improvements.
· Designs and develops electro-mechanical module(s) and system from concept to release.
· Research and select materials, components and processes for the design.
· Works with management and other engineers to help define and design mechanical assemblies for electrical power distribution systems
· Develops basic design concept layout, analyzes data, prepares sketches and notes necessary for complete design proposals
· Define performance specifications, assembly layouts and installation interface requirements
· Perform design analysis for stack tolerance, weight, thermal and vibration, etc.
· Develop test plan and test procedure for design verification testing
· Generates source control, product control and manufacturing specification drawings
· Oversees and directs technicians in building prototypes and qualification samples
· Design fixture for manufacturing assembly or vibration mounting fixture
· Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
· Understand and live by Leach International Corporation ethics and business conduct policies
· Performs other duties as required
· A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University in Mechanical Engineering discipline
· Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience with Mechanical Design in Aerospace products
· Minimum of 3 years of professional 3-D solid modeling design experience using Autodesk Inventor
· Minimum 3 years’ experience with Project management, technical presentation and design review skills
· Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) 3D design such as Inventor
· Knowledge of FEA software using ANSYS
· Experience with ASME Y14.5 standards
· Must have effective written and verbal communication.
· Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Master’s degree in Engineer discipline
· Knowledge of aircraft installation and techniques preferred
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling preferred
· Knowledge of aerospace environmental requirements, such as MIL-STD-810 and RTCA/DO-160.
Demonstrated ability in the Leach International Corporation competencies for employees new in their role:
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S.
may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or HRGroup@leachcorp.com and state which position you are applying for. Your resume should include your current and previous (if applicable) Leach work experience.
Apply on www.ziprecuiter.com.
Step 1: Go to www.ziprecruiter.com.
Step 2: Click For Job Seekers and then select Search Jobs.
Step 3: Enter Leach International in the Job Title or Key Word box at the top left-hand corner and enter Buena Park, CA in the location box.
Step 4: Click Search Jobs.
Step 5: The results will bring up all open jobs.
Step 6: Click on the position you are interested in.
Step 7: Enter your email in the Enter your email box.
Step 8: Click Apply Now.