PCB Layout Design Engineer
Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100 year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Title: PCB Layout Design Engineer
Location: Buena Park, California
Salary Range: $85,000 – $110,000 based on experience
Under minimal supervision, the ideal candidate will have a broad technical background to produces PCB layouts, assembly, detail drawings and other documentation for electronic components, microelectronic circuit assembly and other types of power electronic assemblies to specified dimensions per, engineering requirements.
- Perform multi-layer PCB layouts from schematics, through to post processing, along with associated Fabrication and Assembly drawings
- Interact with PCB manufacturers for procuring prototype boards.
- Manage schematic symbol and PCB footprint libraries.
- Design concept drawing and 3D models
- Package design of the Power Electronic assemblies
- Provide engineering documents and prototype models
- Develop full documentation packages per work instructions and project specifications
- Ability to work in a close Team environment
- Maintain good working rapport with PCB Suppliers
- Work with all phases of a product life-cycle (Concept to Retirement)
- Adhere to ISO work instructions and other company policies
- Possess functional knowledge of IPC guidelines
- Actively participates in Lean and 6s initiatives
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in PCB packaging design and processes
- Minimum 2 years of experience in PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Minimum 3 year of experience in Inventor
- Experience with high-speed digital designs, RF circuits, power supplies, analog circuits and sensing signals
- Experience with Combined Rigid/Flex PCB design
- Experience with Various Connector Technologies and Applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of IPC PCB Design Standards
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with Document Control Practices and Configuration Management
- Excellent understanding of geometric tolerance and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 dimensioning standards
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University in Electronic Technology, Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience with PCB Heat sinking Techniques and Thermal Management
- Strong background in Power Electronics Packaging
- Possess mechanical structures and mechanical interfaces experience
- Familiar with dielectric design principles and use of design rules
- Possess design of injection mold technology
- Minimum of two year experience in Aerospace industry
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). US Citizenship is required for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com