Leach International Corporation designs and manufactures relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100-year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 600
Title: Planning Manager
Location: Buena Park, California
Type: Full-Time Onsite
Salary Range: $110,000 – $135,000 (based on experience
Works with: Senior staff, mid-level managers and supervisors, production planners, master production scheduler, sales, quality, engineering, production and customer service.
The Planning Manger’s primary objective is to provide effective leadership to the planning team, ensuring timely delivery of parts to our customers in a cons-effective manner. This role encompasses generating precise demand forecasts, analyzing demand patterns, determining material and labor capacity requirements to meet upcoming customer demand, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to optimize inventory levels.
- Develops and manages production planners for effective execution of manufacturing production plans in Tijuana, Mexico and Buena Park, California
- Hold planners accountable for creating production plans that align with customers’ delivery dates, ensuring timely delivery of products
- Determine the necessary capacity, equipment and materials required to meet production demands effectively
- The role is fulltime onsite to collaborate closely with the Sales and Operations teams to develop monthly and yearly revenue forecasts, as well as shipment projections. This collaboration ensures alignment with production planning, promoting a cohesive approach to meeting customer demands
- Establish and monitor Manufacturing Production Schedule metrics across each business unit, ensuring accountability in manufacturing processes
- This role is responsible to coordinate all aspects of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to optimize customer service level and working capital performance as per organizational objectives
- Develops and manages forecast within the ERP system (Infor – SyteLine), utilizing data from multiple sources such as sales, marketing, and finance
- Analyzes and executes customer-stocking agreements
- Reviews and maintains our Kanban system, ensuring its accuracy and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies in support of supply chain objectives. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align planning processes with the broader supply chain goals, ensuring a cohesive and streamlined approach
- Supports the optimization of our inventory turnover rates and carrying costs
- Implement contingency plans to address potential material and labor disruptions
- Actively supports initiatives to enhance safety, accuracy, quality, on-time delivery, financial performance, and operational excellence
- Update daily, weekly, and monthly metrics and reports and manage documents and projects as assigned by Vice President of Operations
- Tracking shipments and communicating to assembly and manufacturing operations as required
- Identifies and nurture talent within the team, providing training and creating succession plans for future growth
- Attend, and when necessary, lead planning, materials and operations meetings, contributing valuable insights and direction
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Capable of holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms of safety, quality, and throughput
- Exhibit strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate adept problem solving skills and effective conflict management, resolving issues promptly and efficiently
- This role requires occasional travel to our Tijuana, Mexico location, customers, suppliers, and partner facilities. Travel expectations include attending customer or supplier meetings, and internal strategy sessions. Travel schedules will be communicated in advance, allowing for proper planning and preparation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Operations, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, Applied Engineering Science, or Business Mgmt
- Proven experience as a production planner
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook/Access)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP, Oracle or ERP-SyteLine
- Previous Aerospace, Automotive or Medical Industry Work Experience
- APICS Certification
- Bilingual Spanish / English a plus
Demonstrated ability in the competencies for employees new in their role: you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org