Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100 year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 575
Title: Production Control Specialist
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000 (based on experience)
The Production Control Specialist coordinates production activities and needed resources to meet planned production volumes throughout the entire manufacturing/production cycle. Provides support to the material planning and control function under the guidance of the Master Production Scheduler. This position is responsible for maintaining job orders, expediting material and creating rework jobs to support production. Assists in determining shortages and expedites the flow of materials. Maintains schedules, prioritizes jobs and updates completion dates. Communicates and supports production supervisors, leads and operators to ensure daily execution targets are met. Ensures all jobs are kitted on time from the stockroom for all material related issues, jobs start on time, and finish on time. Works with the BUs for all dependent demand matters.
- Reviews/assess production schedules and manufacturing orders to ensure priorities and schedules are achieved. Reviews dispatch and exception reports to prioritize jobs on the production floor
- Ensures production schedules are level loaded to hourly capacity taking product mix into consideration
- Accountable to key KPI’s: OTIF%, On time to Start & Finish, Job Order Aging, SWIP
- Approves material transaction forms, issues and returns material from released jobs and expedites released job material shortages
- Creates rework jobs, maintains and splits job orders released to production
- Provides analysis/data and escalates deficiencies regarding production requirements and constraints.
- Prepares and maintains production reports and analyses.
- Works as a member of the cross-functional production management team to identify/mitigate risks, improve continuous flow, on-time delivery, quality and waste reduction.
- Updates Job due dates and notifies the Master Production Scheduler of production delays
- Creates rework work orders and approves material requisitions to insure inventory is transacted accurately
- Maintains schedules and milestones, generates and distributes reports and support Master Production Scheduler as required
- Maintains Kanban, pulls from materials from ROBO as required, reviews short term shortages as required through material transfers (MTF)
- Understand and live by Leach’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Under the direction of management, coordinates/facilitates special projects as assigned
- Proven interpersonal skills with direct experience working with cross-functional teams in a production environment.
- Demonstrated technical literacy including the ability to analyze and manipulate data in support of manufacturing processes.
- Intermediate to advanced verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to organize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects with limited supervision.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Production/Material Control using a computerized MRP system (Syteline, SAP, Oracle)
- Experience working with Bills of Materials
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Basic MS Office skills: Excel, Word, Access)
- Strong understanding of ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements.
- Formalized training in ESD, related manufacturing concepts/practices.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience as a Production Lead or higher in the electronics, aerospace or DoD industry.
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org