Plans, directs and controls the activities of the Purchasing department supporting and coordinating all procurement requirements for material (production and non-production), capital, leases, maintenance contracts, consulting arrangements, and license agreements.
- Develops plans and budgets for the Purchasing Department and directs activities in accordance
with approved operations plans.
- Responsible for staff supervision, functional assignments, individual performance reviews and
development plans in accordance with company guidelines.
- Develops and recommends short and long-range objectives.
- Establishes, maintains and monitors controls to provide prompt indication of any unfavorable
performance indicators and initiates corrective action plans so that results are in line with
- Through responsible department and interface with external functions and suppliers, assures
that production is scheduled and delivered to meet schedule, profit, cost and volume objectives.
- Ensures that all procurement activities are conducted in the best interest of the company,
withholding partiality and are in accordance with local, state and government requirements
regulating small business/minority contract awards.
- Directly or through staff, analyzes and reports on trends in materials and supply prices,
recommends schedules and quantities for volume purchase agreements, establishes the most
economical purchase quantities and maintains an on-going program to expand supplier sources.
- Supervises the negotiation and execution of purchase contracts, follow-up, scheduling and
expediting of delivers.
- Determines and recommends purchasing policy and procedure within the limits of delegated
authority and in accordance with divisional policies and procedures.
- Surveys and ensures all documents processed through responsible department for material,
capital, leases, maintenance contracts, consulting arrangements and license agreements are in
accordance with company guidelines and policies.
- Develops communication avenues with outside vendors, suppliers and sales representatives as
liaison to discuss new product/applications, problems and maintenance of vendor relationships.
- Directs the analysis of reports, procurement documents, and on-line information to determine
and ensure the validity
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of relevant experience in applicable purchasing/inventory
experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 3-years purchasing supervisory and/or management experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook,Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in
the U.S. only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Proven experience of developing, implementing, and executing a strategic plan through people
leadership and leveraging continuous improvement tools and processes.
- People leader and change agent energized by opportunities to further the business and personal
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interpret and communicate policies.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to lead cross-organizational teams and peers.
- Familiar with aerospace or manufacturing processes, product, and requirements.
- Self-directed; strong planning and organizational skills and able adapt to changing priorities and
assignments and executing.
- Exposure to ERP systems.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com