Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100 year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 600
Title: Quality Engineer
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
Salary Range: $85,000 – $110,000 (based on experience)
- Participating in the Design Review Process of new or modified products and in the review of Requests for Quotation/ Purchase Orders / Contracts and implement PPAP/ APQP/ ZDP methodologies.
- Ensuring that all quality related procedures and specifications required by Leach International and/or its customers are implemented and complied with.
- Monitoring and reviewing quality related data generated such as Non-Conforming Material and Scrap for the identification of trends and causes of non-conformance and the introduction of appropriate corrective actions using 8D methodology.
- Conducting planned internal audits to ensure compliance with internal procedures and for the correction of any identified non-conformance.
- Reviewing and approving new issues and changes to Drawings, Specifications, Manufacturing Job Instructions, Travelers, etc. utilized in the production of deliverable products for incorporation of suitable inspection points and for incorporation of all customer requirements.
- Investigation of Qualification Test failures and customer returns and the identification and correction of the root cause of the failures.
- Coordinating the segregation and isolation of all parts identified as being non-conforming or of causing Qualification Test failures or customer returns.
- Assisting Manufacturing staff in the implementation of SPC programs and in the interpretation of SPC data.
- Reviewing and coordinating the completion of First Article Inspection Reports.
- Assist Engineering staff in the investigation of products returned for Failure Analysis and Corrective Action.
- Producing, reviewing, and revising Procedures, Job Instructions, and other documentation as required.
- Conducting training and certification classes as required.
- Participating in the Lean / Continuous Improvement program as Team Leader, Trainer or Facilitator.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Engineering degree or equivalent education and experience. ASQ – CQE preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment. Aerospace industry preferred.
- Familiarity with AS9100, ISO 9001, NADCAP special processes, MIL-STD-790, and other recognized Quality Standards.
- Must be familiar with Process Improvement / Cost Reduction Methods with the ability to facilitate and lead Improvement Teams.
- Intermediate MS Office computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org