Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100-year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems, which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliability and performance are mission critical.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 550
Title: Senior Test Engineer
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
Salary Range: $95,000.00 – $115,000.00 (based on experience)
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Manufacturing Test Procedures (MTP), Qualification Test Procedures (QTP), designing and building test equipment and writing Equipment Operating Instructions (EOI). This involves working with other departments within the organization to established user or customer requirements. This position is accountable for ensuring that the testing of products meets all customer specifications and that the test equipment is available in a timely manner.
- Prepares Acceptance Test Procedures, Manufacturing Test Procedures and Qualification Test Procedures according to specification input and Test Plans
- Designs test equipment to perform all test requirements and procedures
- Executes limited project management for test equipment fabrication
- Troubleshooting automated test equipment systems
- Drives Continuous Improvement (C/I) utilizing the Leach Operating System guidelines
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Leach’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Performs other duties as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science discipline
- 8 or more years of experience as a Test Engineer
- Must be outgoing, self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, work well under pressure and a creative problem solver
- Must be familiar with aerospace and military standards including MIL-STD-180, DO-160, and Industry Standards
- Working knowledge of environmental testing
- Proficiency with high level programming language such as LabVIEW and Visual C
- Proficiency using engineering tools such as schematic capture or CAD tools
- PC skills and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Project management of test engineering projects – moderate to complex
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent additional experience
- Significant test experience in the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with MIL-PRF-6106, MIL-PRF-9353 and Power Distribution Assemblies (PDA)
- Test experience with relays and contactors
- Test experience with high voltage and high current
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org