The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for ensuring that all supplier quality related procedures and specifications required by Leach International and/or its customers are implemented and complied with. The SQE also takes the lead in auditing and qualifying new suppliers, in accordance to Leach processes, for addition to the Approved Supplier List. The SQE is also responsible for monitoring and reviewing all quality related data from the MRR database relating to supplier material rejections for trend analysis as well as driving for the consequential Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA’s), Corrective Actions (CA’s), and Preventive Actions (PA’s) from the responsible suppliers. The SQE is responsible for the issuance, verification and follow-up of all Supplier Corrective and Preventive Actions. Moreover, the SQE is responsible for driving supplier improvement in areas of Quality, Delivery, Lean and Continuous Improvement.
· Ensures the consistent application of receiving inspection/test methodologies. Reviews and analyzes the results of the inspection tests, and supervises the outcome of products that are not accepted by suppliers or the corresponding companies.
· Supervises and participates in the development and initiation of techniques for receiving inspection, testing and evaluation of incoming materials.
· Works with Production, Quality, Materials and other Departments to define the procedures and quality standards as they pertain to supplier deliveries or potential deliveries.
· Verifies and ensures the availability of adequate qualified suppliers for current and new products or processes and finds alternate or replacement suppliers.
· Supervises and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of supplier quality systems.
· Applies statistical techniques to analyze supplier performance.
· Participates in the development of new and current suppliers by means of training, consulting and providing suggestions to improve their performance.
· Supervises the development and maintenance of manual and computerized databases of purchased items to provide information and trends related to quality, and on-time delivery.
· Coordinates the completion of supplier first article inspection (FAI) reports, and assists suppliers or receiving inspection group with identification and correction of non-conformances discovered during the FAI process.
· Conducts onsite supplier audits for new and current suppliers.
· Issues Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR’s) and provide assistance with responding to corrective actions as needed.
· Conducts supplier training and certification classes as required, and maintains required instructional materials, documentation and records.
· Send and disposition received Supplier Surveys.
· Process Supplier Deviation Requests (SDR’s) when necessary, and track related corrective actions.
· Audits purchase orders to ensure flow down of quality requirements.
· Maintain and revise Quality Program Provisions (QPP’s).
· Maintain and revise Approved Supplier List.
· Actively participates in the Quality Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Systems.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineer, Electrical Engineering or Related Degree.
· Three years of previous experience within Supplier Quality.
· Excellent statistical analysis and quality assurance skills.
· Experience with manufacturing and production processes and engineering principles.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Expected to travel domestically with short notice on occasions up to 15% of the time.
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following
competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented,
Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will
need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation
operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets