Leach International Corporation designs and manufacturers relays, electronic control devices, and power systems primarily for the aerospace and defense industry. We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Leach is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. This 100 year legacy includes the invention of the electrical relay for aircraft systems which has supported the development of the world’s aircrafts. With hybrid and all electric vehicles driving the future, Leach’s products are more important than ever. Our equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide, in the most severe environments when reliable and performance are mission critical.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 500
Title: Technical Inspector CCD
Works with: All levels of leadership, employees and customers
Location: Buena Park, California
Under minimal supervision performs visual and dimensional inspection of power distribution assemblies, relays, contactors PCBAs and other electronic or raw materials/fabricated parts utilizing various inspection tools and manufacturing prints to ensure compliance to given specifications. Performs X-Ray Fluorescence inspection of materials and finishes. May assist/direct other electromechanical inspectors Performs electrical verifications and tests various units per FAA standards using specialized test equipment and measurement machines. May assist and or direct other inspectors as required.
- Inspects various piece parts, subassemblies and final assemblies to ensure compliance to manufacturing prints and customer requirements
- Inspects units based upon customer requirements found on a shared portal and completes appropriate FAA documentation
- Inspects fabricated parts/raw materials/subassemblies for workmanship including finish burrs, riveting, staking, soldering, plating, crimping and other treatments for specification compliance.
- Utilizing various inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, and thread gauges to check dimensions/processes on parts or raw material to ensure compliance to manufacturing drawings/blueprints/specifications.
- Reviews job order travelers/shipping/receiving documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Accepts/rejects parts and fills out corresponding paperwork including Material Rejection Reports (MRRs)
- Performs and reviews First Article Inspections per AS9102.
- If dealing with in-process inspections, may work with manufacturing/quality engineers to resolve manufacturing specification problems such as clarity of prints, definitions and statements, incorrect revision levels, etc. as well as perform routine in-process audits.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Leach’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Performs other duties as required
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing prints, blueprints and drawings
- Has a strong understanding of AS9102, First Article Inspection (FAI) and FAI Reports
- Familiarity with electromechanical inspection tools such as calipers, microscopes, and dial gauges.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Able to perform dimensional inspections using a Coordinated Measure Machine (CMM)
- Completion of IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIS certification
- Completion of solder school certification in IPC-A-610 or equivalent certificate in Mil-Std-WS6536D
- Ability to meet visual standards as set forth in military specifications
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office programs such as; Excel, Word
- Possess good math and mechanical aptitude
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Two-year technical degree in electronics or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in electromechanical assembly, fabrication or inspection
As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer, Including Disability/Vets
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org